A big thanx to Amy’s Arms for sending across a couple of CDs. The CD got a lot of playtime while I bided my time with all the other crazies in happy land. When I get on top of things I will start doing some serious reviewing. Amy’s Arms are a lounge Goth act from Canada and do a bang-up job with some dark emotional music. The members are Siren on vocals and Mr. Ratt on bass and programming.
You can find them at their Myspace locale with a few trax to get a taster including a hot cover of Wicked Game!
They are a great mix of Gothic Lolita with big-ass boots! Here are a few videos for you to check out.
[youtube V-R2COBC7F8 nolink]
[youtube NYRNCGFyj7Y nolink]
Good morning folks.
I am sorry for the JGoth.com site problems and general instabilities in recent months. However, things are getting worked out just in time for Halloween (okay, most parties have finished), but there is still TDC to look forward to:
First up, the board has been re-launched at the following URL:
http://forum.jgoth.com/ Being a stand-alone board it offers greater flexibility and more options, which is good for board members.
On top of that you will find that there is a stack of topics to cover more Japanese music scenes not to mention international sections to talk about various Gothic scenes overseas.
The board comes in five major sections. The lengthy list is:
- The Welcome board with FAQs, Polls and Suggestion box
- A smeg-load of boards covering J-Goth, industrial, other music styles and life in general in Japan. There are also special sections German, French, Spanish and Japanese.
- A European section for listing the 10 countries that I get the most visitors from including the U.K., Germany, France, Sweden, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Italy, Greece, Spain and Belgium and a board for other countries.
- Goth in the Americas with U.S.A. Canada, Brazil and Chile listed plus a board for other countries.
- Finally Oceania and Asia where the bulk of visitors come from Australia & New Zealand and China/Hong Kong.
If you are interested in giving the JGoth.com forum another try I’d be most appreciative. Because the password encryption is different from the last board you will need to re-register. That takes about one minute to do. Once in feel free to post away!
Remember the new board is located at:
The archived articles for JGoth.com are presently located at:
So that’s three places to keep in mind:
New site: http://www.jgoth.com/
Thanks again for your support.